CORNER WORKER Seasonal/Part-Time Pay: Minimum Wage
Job Summary: Flaggers are an integral part of the Ridge safety team. They are the eyes and ears to what goes on during race events. As a flagger you are responsible for monitoring riders, drivers, and go-karts to make sure they are safe while on track, and you are the first person to call in any incidents that occur.
As a flagger, you communicate to drivers/riders on the tracks by waving flags, all of which have a unique meaning that can vary depending on the event. The skills you learn as a flagger will be used on the Road Course, MX Course, Off Road Course, and the Go Kart Course. There is no prior experience needed, as the Ridge Flagger Training Program will teach you everything you need to know. This is a fast-paced environment where the safety of participants rely on your keen attention and swift response.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Positive, professional attitude with excellent customer service
- Professional appearance
- Prior customer service experience
- Must be able to work early mornings, weekends and long hours depending on event and park needs
- Must be able to stand for long hours outside in varying weather
- Ability to move, crouch, grasp, wave flags, operate walkie-talkie or other communication device to flag participants rapidly
- Keen observation skills
- Attention to detail
- Quick reflexes - ability to respond rapidly to incidents
- Able to work independently and within team environment during high-stress events helping as needed for event success
- Good communicator, comfortable interacting with clients, partners, and teammates
- Must have reliable transportation to get to the worksite
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Obtaining signatures for EVERY person to enter the property
· Affix wristbands for events, assisting customers as needed
· May perform some light office duties
· Know the layout for parking, so you can help inform customers where to park on property
· Contain a positive attitude, with great customer service
· The ability to be patient while awaiting more customers to come through the gates
About the Company: Ridge Motorsports Park is a multi-surface motorsports facility that consists of a 2.47-mile Road Course, Grand Prix Karting Track, Motocross Track, and Drifting/Autocross surfaces. Our facility has tripled our events in the last year going from 149 to over 400 events. RMP offers a high paced, energetic atmosphere for our employees and is a fantastic environment for the motorsports enthusiast ready to show their skills and qualifications in a growing organization.
We are a growing motorsports facility based in Shelton, WA that offers its employees a dynamic, and an exciting environment with opportunity for growth. Cover letters are not required but strongly encouraged. Please include a minimum of three references with contact information for each reference.
Job Type: Seasonal/Part-Time
Pay: Minimum Wage
Employees may be asked to take and pass a drug test. Must be at least 18 years old to apply.